Monday, March 12, 2012

Day at the office

I sit at a desk...all day long..and feel like such a slug when I don't have a chance to leave my desk!  I know at your office work outs are great..but when I work in an office with other people, I don't really want to be doing random exercises at my desk!

Here are some of my healthy tips for you, if you sit at a desk!

Desk Job Health Tips:
  • DRINK H20.
  • Bring your own healthy snacks. (Almonds, apples, string cheese, pop chips, pretzels, wheat thins etc)
  • PLAN! Know what you are going to eat that day..don't deviate from the plan..unless..
  • Make calories worth it! Is a vending machine treat worth those calories? Probably not.  Is a homemade cookie bar full of deliciousness? Maybe.  Pick and choose!
  • Play "1 and done" when it comes to a treat.  If I'm going to have a treat, I say have one and that's it! Otherwise..I will spiral and have a free day and trick or treat all the office candy! (eeek!!!)
  • KNOW your trigger foods.  Make a list of the foods that trigger cravings, out of control eating, or stomach aches and do everything in your power to avoid them! (Two of my worst triggers are Hot Tamales and tortilla chips)
  • Plan times that you are going to have your snacks/meal and don't eat in between!

What are your tips?? Please share in comment box below!!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment